Friday, June 18, 2010

Fun is Work and Work is fun (Sometimes!)













I went to Boise last week for Kres' 3-year old awards ceremony.  It was fun!  And Kres won the award for "Best Worker"!  Keep up the good work, Kres!  They all wore butterfly wings because the theme was "evolving"

The next day, Krissy and I took Kres and Beckham to the zoo, even though it was raining.  We had a great time!






Kres wanted to take some pictures, so I totally gave him the camera, didn't even supervise him, and here are a few of the pictures he took:  He took the one of Krissy above, and these:  Can you see the zebra peeking out of the shed?

And this one of Beckham and Krissy, and many more.  I think he did a good job--may be a good photogrtapher in the making!


We had a great day at the zoo!  Then we took the kids to Burger King and let them play there for awhile after lunch.  We got them home around 3:30, so Ky had the whole day to herself!!
Then came time for me to work!
I gave my second "Cooking with Gwen" class on Tuesday, focusing on saving money in the selection and preparation of meat.

I made Pot Roast, Beef Stroganoff, Swiss Steak with Cheesy Noodles, BBQ Pork and Braised Cubed Steak.  For a special treat, I made an "ultimate cheesecake".


Here are a few of the ladies enjoying their meal!  I thought we would have leftovers for days, but there was very little left!  Eighteen people came and everyone had a good time, learned a lot and went home full!


Life can be fun hard work or work that is fun--either way, life is good!

2 comments:

garrynkim said...

You are saving handouts for us. That is quite a turnout and I know your ideas have been great. Fun times at the zoo. Now my kids want to go!

Krissy T. said...

Yes, the zoo was fun. Your meat class sounds fun too. Can't wait to hear more about it!