Thursday, September 25, 2008

All is Safely Gathered in, er the winter storms begin

Well--These pictures are really out of order--still haven't figured that out! Anyway, A couple of weeks ago (when I was younger), in a weak moment I bought 2 boxes of pears for canning! So, the day finally came when I was exhausted from walking 5km the previous Saturday! Lola (who I am babysitting for Krissy) even thought I was crazy!
I started early in the day, but by dinner time (actually way after dinner time) Lola is beginning to wonder if anyone is getting any dinner!
Actually, Ron was wondering the same thing!

. . .It just so happened that in the beginning Ron pealed several bowls of pears, but after the first 7 quarts he gave up and headed for a less messy task. If he wanted dinner on time, he just should have pealed a few more pears!


The result of the hard work was 24 quarts of pears! Here's part of them. . .+
Just when I was finishing, Shannon appeared on the doorstep with a box of apples for me--good for cooking, canning, freezing, but not real tasty for eating! Now, I have to ask myself. . .do I want to cook, can or freeze this hugh box of apples, Well, maybe. . .on the other hand those horses at the cemetary are looking mighty hungry lately!



Notice in the background, Lola's still wondering if I'm crazy!




I guess it was all worth it--ask me tomorrow after I wake up fresh!





5 comments:

garrynkim said...

Looks like I took my pears just in time for you to replenish! I'll be sure to grab some more when I come again. I think those horses deserve some apples!

kc and k said...

You're crazy and hilarious!

kc and k said...

And, your side kicks are perfect!

Ixchelle said...

Wow! Good Job Aunt Gwen.

gwen said...

Lola was probably hoping it was something she could eat!
Krissy