Monday, September 14, 2009

WOE IS ME/RON'S A SAINT!!


Since the Family Reunion, I have been SUFFERING from a pinched/inflamed siatic nerve. In case you are wondering what suffering means, invision, and try to imagine, someone stabbing your left hip with a big knife, then twisting it and pulling it down your leg! Then imagine not being able to sit or lay without intense pain. After standing most of the day, or leaning against a wall standing only on your right leg, imagine how good it would feel to finally go to bed. Relief at last----but, then you have to get u p in the morning, which creates more pain than you can ever imagine in your left leg, to the point that it causes you to weep uncontrollably! Well, that's how you suffer with siatic nerve pain. So, I have been receiving chiropractic help. Then one day, we thought maybe we could use the stretching devise Ron has for his back. So, he strapped me in one Sunday night--object, to stretch the back and maybe unpinch the nerve. So, here I am:
The devise stretches the back for 10 minutes, you rest for 10 and repeat 3 times. It didn't hurt at all UNTIL--I had to get up. My back went into spasms, I couldn't move, and the pain was so intense I actually went into shock. I was so cold, shivering uncontrollably, and sobbing! Now, here's part of why Ron's a SAINT. He helped me lay down, got me a warm quilt, propped my feet up and stayed with me until things calmed down. Then I fell asleep for 5 hours. then he helped me to a lower bed, got me comfortable. and watched over me while I slept 8 more hours!! SINCE THEN (going on 2 weeks now), He has to help me get out of bed and get moving, while I cry from the pain, he has to help me shower, dress, and do whatever else has to be done. He even lets me hang onto his arm in public!!!! (he hates public affection--is that a Waite thing?)
Last Friday and today I went to see Dr Alan Waite, and already I feel better. But, I have a long way to go. So, woe is me, and thanks to Ron for being the best husband ever, and a saint!!

7 comments:

garrynkim said...

Wow, why are you blogging with that pain! Did you do your temple week? That's a long drive to see Alan, I hope it helps quickly! Good job to Dad.

gwen said...

I actually tried to work in the temple, so I was in Boise when I decided to go see Alan. It's very painful to sit or lay down, so I literally "stand around"!

Krissy T. said...

No fun! It is nice to have Dad there to help you though! That has to be one of the times you feel lucky to have such a helpful husband.

kc and k said...

Good thing Dad's back isn't acting up at the same time. I feel so bad that you have so much pain. I'm glad its getting better but want it to hurry up and be well.

Audra said...

Sounds awful. I'm glad Ron is taking care of you.

Lucky for me, Chris does show some affection in public. Maybe he didn't inherit that Waite gene.

Carol Swift said...

I'm feeling your pain all the way to LV! When mine gets bad, I get a frozen bag of peas out of the freezer and lay on it for 20 minutes. The one time that didn't work, I ended up on steroids and had back surgery. I hope you don't have to do that and get to feeling better ASAP. PS: Your daughter, Kim, is so cool and one of the few people I actually like! :O)

J. E. Campbell said...

Oooo! Nasty stuff when our bodies remind us who's boss. I hope you are recovered by now. I just sent kind thoughts Ron's way because he's bursting the boundaries of "Waite-ness". David does, too, on occasion.