Friday, September 25, 2009

Random Thoughts . . .

I am addicted to frosted animal cookies ! : (

Cats are sooooo worth knowing. . .

1/3 off is not the same as 30% off on the sales rack. . .

Music I can play makes me happy....I am so grateful to my dad for insisting his girls play the piano, encourageing me when I was learning the clarinet, and supporting me through my determination to take organ lessons.   He's the reason music has been such an important part of my life.   Playing your own music soothes the soul!

How dull life would be without the ability to be creative!

I have been fortunate in my life to be able to develop and use some of my talents!

I love the fall season, and winter squash!

I hate being unable to do something--whatever it is and for whatever reason. . .

Cell  phones are both a curse and a blessing!

Gooy, rich desserts are EVIL!

I love the temple and what I learn there--it gives me direction in life.

I have been blessed with great kids and grandkids!

I always wanted to be able to sing and ride a horse.

I am tired of "standing around" all day, and being unable to sit for more than 10 minutes without hurting!

I have a list of good books to read--thanks to Kim and goodreads.com!

I'm reading a book about a guy who sees and communiates with ghosts, zombies, and spirits of every kind.  Are you surprised?   I am, too!  But, it's pretty good.  (it's fiction)  I'm going to read Carol's recommended 6 books next. . .

I ordered a Hoover Steam Vac Duel 5 from Costo for $149 and free shipping.   I checked it out on Sears (they were having a big sale) and the sale price was $229.   Did I get a bargain or what?
I hope it's user friendly! (and gets the carpets clean)! 

Old age brings a sense of peace,a sense of worthlessness, a sense of accomplishment, a sense of sadness, a sense of joy in watching your kids as adults and their kids accomplishing because they are good parents, a sense of fear. . .

4 comments:

kc and k said...

I'm thinking my mom is so talented... but me...not so much.

I'm thinking I do like animal cookies...but gooey desserts...not so much.

I'm thinking I do enjoy cats...but having them inside the house...not so much.

I'm thinking it might be nice to have time to read some good books...but me enjoying reading...not so much.

I'm thinking I love that my mom has found a new love of the temple, that she loves her kids and grandkids, that she is so positive even when she is in so much physical pain, and that she blogs so I can see what she is up to in a fun way...even just her random thoughts!

gwen said...

Thanks for the neat comment! You are wrong-you are talented!

garrynkim said...

Love your random thoughts! Hope you're better by October 29th!!

Krissy T. said...

I ate some frosted animal cookies just for you yesterday! I like the random thoughts. Now you just need to be well enough to take some pictures for your blog! :)