Friday, October 17, 2008

I've been tagged

La Grande High School
Class of '58

Did you date someone from high school? Actually, I dated several guys in HS, and ended up marrying one of them. Ron and I started dateing our Jr. Year--he asked me out on a dare! that'll teach him!

What Kind of Car did you drive? Well, I mostly drove my dad's tail-finned Dodge. But I also drove my friends Ford convertable occasionally In those days, kids didn't have their own cars! And, usually, a family only had one car.

What was your most embarrassing moment in High School? Can't remember one!

Were you a party animal? Uh, NOOOO

Were you considered a flirt? Definitely a big NO

Were you in band, orchestra or choir? I was in band, pep band and orchestra
I began playing the clarinet in 3rd grade and was first chair, solo clarinetist grades 10-12 and in college.

Were you a nerd? No

Were you on varsity teams? Girls didn't play sports then, and if they would have, I would not have been an athlete!

did you ever get suspended or expelled? No, but I came close. Ron and I skipped school and got caught. My punishment was I had to wash the walls in the hallway. Ron's punishment was--he had to watch me! In those days, girls were always the reason boys got into trouble, no matter what the trouble was!

Can you sing the fight song? Never could because I was always playing it!

Who were your favorite teachers? Mr Scott, the band teacher.

Where did you sit during lunch? At our kitchen table--we always went home for lunch!

School Mascot? La Grande Tigers!

Did y ou go to homecoming? With who? Yes--George Council

If You could go back and do it all oer again, would y ou ? Yes, I enjoyed high school

Where did you go Sr Skip day? No such thing!

Were you in any clubs? Oh my, yes--Band, pep band, orchestra, National Honor Society, Quill and Scroll, Spanish Club, Ski Club, Yearbook

gained weight since high school? Yes, but not much

Who was your prom date? Ron Waite

What cliques were you in ? the Mormon clique, although I wasn't one!

I can't tag anyone because everyone who reads my blog has already been tagged!

1 comment:

garrynkim said...

I knew you'd go back and do it all again in a heartbeat, especially after just having your big reunion that you were actually looking FORWARD to going to!!