Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simple Pleasures




Today I decided to blog some miscellaneous tidbits, since I don't lead a real exciting life.  Well, some days are exciting, but everyone already blogged about branding, so that's out.  So, I'll just entertain you with some fun things from the last few days.  The picture above is Ella.  She came to visit and claimed I had no pictures of her on my camera.  So, she took a picture of herself!  Well, she's wrong, too, because I have several hundred pictures of sweet Ella.  But it's always fun to have another one!
The picture above Ella is supposed to be next (can't figure out what's going on this time with the blog. .  )  Anyway, we were all in the kitchen eating after branding, when someone looked out the window and saw a coyote!  He played around quite a long time, so we all got a good look at him--that was a fun addition to the day!  The picture above the coyote is my empty living room and dining room.  In August, 2009, I bought a carpet shampooer.  Before it arrived, I had an inflamed syatic nerve, followed by back surgery--you all know the story--Well, Monday I decided I felt good enough to put it to use.   My carpets were driving me crazy and needed shampooed.  So, I decided to just do the two rooms, so I wouldn't overdo it.  The machine was easy to use, and the floors look great!  I am very encouraged and excited about doing the rest of the carpets.  However, I have to wait a day or so in order for the two I did to COMPLETELY dry!!

What happened?  The picture loaded right!  Anyway, Kres gave me this funky candle holder for Mother's Day.  So, I turned it into a vase, and I think it looks really nice.  I needed something for the new TV stand.  So, here's the look.  I love the stand and the look.  Fun, but simple!

Here's the whole view.

That's enough excitement for one day!
I love everyone's blogs, so keep up the good work, and I'll try harder to do better next time!

3 comments:

Krissy T. said...

Glad you updated your blog! I like the vase/candleholder!

kc and k said...

You FINALLY used the carpet shampooer!!! Hooray! Looks great.
The vase looks nice there. Good job for blogging.

garrynkim said...

I love all the pictures. Always good to grab the camera for an animal sighting. At first I couldn't place the carpet view, but now that you explained, I can see it. Good looking girl and vase!!